Monday, June 13, 2011

Dave Update-June 13, 2011

Hello family and friends, I spoke with my mom this morning and she informed me that Dave was hospitalized last night with a fever.  In the last blog, I explained that any fever above 100.4 they require the patient to be hospitalized so that they can monitor them even closer.  Mom was taking Dave's temp regularly last night and it reached 100.8 so she insisted they call the hospital.  Around 8 p.m. they headed over and he was admitted.  At this point there is nothing to be concerned about.  It's really amazing that he made it 10 days post transplant before being hospitalized.  This is just normal precautionary measures. 

They will keep Dave admitted until his white counts start to rise.  They will be giving him high doses of antibiotics for the fever, fluids, his meds through an IV, and will keep him very comfortable. 

If there are any changes, I will let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment