Sunday, June 12, 2011

Dave Update-June 11, 2011

Hi there family and friends, sorry for the lapse in updates, but there wasn't really much new to report until now.  Dave is still doing really good so far, except he has got to a few of those pesky mouth sores.  The mouth sores are in his throat so you can imagine how annoying that must be.  He received some "liquid" pain med today so hopefully that will help manage the discomfort they cause.  He also has a slight fever.  Nothing alarming at this point, but obviously they will montior him carefully.  They got it down to a 99 degrees I believe and if it goes to 100.4 they would hospitalize him so they can monitor him even more cafefully.  He is in great hands and the staff is taking great care of him. 

Each day is a new unknown, but so far Dave has been the ideal patient, breaking all "normal" and "to be expected" symptoms and complications transplant patients typically experience. 

Cory and I will be going for a visit next weekend.  I seriously can't wait!  I really miss mom and Dave and can't wait to see them.  I hope to go to one of Dave's doctor's appointment, see the hospital, and maybe sneak over to the mall with my mom, while the guys visit. I'm so excited to be in Palo Alto on Father's Day and get to spend some time with Dave and my mom. 

My parents have been thrilled by all the cards and gifts family and friends have sent.  How thoughful and kind of all of you.  It can be lonely being away from your home, but you have made it easier.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment