Monday, November 1, 2010

November 1, 2010 update

Happy November to everyone.  Dave finally got the tubes out of his neck last week.  The "tubes" were put in to hook him up for his plasmapheresis treatments that he had while he was in the hospital.  The doctor taking them out is a good sign that they don't believe he is in any need for any immediate treatments.  You can barely see the marking where it previously was, although I told him it kind of looks like a permanent hickey.  Dave is looking "fab" and I believe from what I can see he is feeling "pretty good".  We spend last night with Dave and my mom and Dave dressed up as...  Well, I really don't know what he was.  He had a donkey nose, but I don't want to be rude and say he was a "jack ass", but....wink, wink.  We had a great time.  It's been family tradition to go over to mom and Dave's with the kids on Halloween for years.  Typically, Dave and my husband take the kids trick or treating while my mom and I drink wine and give out candy.  This year, Dave wanted to hand out the candy (and scare unsuspecting children).  I believe it had something to do with the World Series playing, but... We had a great time anyway and these are memories I will always cherish.  It's funny how these little traditions gather so much meaning when a family member is hit with an illness.  Dave continues chemo this week; today and also Thursday.  Hopefully he will blog later this week and let you all know a little more about his numbers.  Much love and thanks for your continued support.  Family is precious...Don't let a day go by that you don't love, forgive, and feel hope.  Jeana

No comments:

Post a Comment