Thursday, February 23, 2017

Dave Update- February 23, 2017

Family & Friends,

This has been the hardest week of my life.

We met with Hospice on Tuesday. 

On Wednesday, my baby brother Ben flew in to see the man that raised him.

Probably for the last time. 

This morning he took a turn for the worse, or in some ways for the best.

He hasn't slept in weeks.  Because he was scared he wouldn't wake up. 

Mom and I spent a lot of time talking about how bad he needed to sleep- so she could sleep.   

This morning that changed.  Dave has entered the last stage.  After a few conscious moments, one of which he asked his son, "How are you?"- Dave has been sleeping.  Finally, he rests. 

He is not in pain.  We are in pain.  The hospice nurse said Dave probably only has a couple of days.

I'm in shock.  I knew this was coming, but I don't want to believe its really happening. 

I feel different.

Like I will never be the same.

I've changed.

I look at the world differently. 

Life will never be as bright, as adventurous, as intellectually stimulating. 

I don't know what else to say. 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment