Tuesday, April 26, 2011

True Love

I felt this overwhelming rush of peace today.
I didn’t know love could feel this way.
I’ve been in love, maybe once, maybe twice.
But what I’m feeling now, I’ve never felt in my life.
I’ve been dreaming of love since I was a little girl.
Romantic notions of a prince charming, a Cinderella story, if you will.
But emptiness, disappointment, and countless broken hearts,
Couldn’t open my eyes to what was here from the start.
The hole just got bigger as I looked for true love;
I wanted that perfect relationship that fit like a glove.
You waited so patiently year after year,
 The feeling of loss sometimes too much to bare.
You rushed to my side when I cried out your name.
 Never fast to anger when I laid out the blame.
I played hard to get and mindless games.
I ran away like a filly; that was too hard to tame.
I took you for granted and pushed you away,
Never truly appreciating the sacrifice you made.
You died on the cross to take away my sin.
You rose three days later so the healing could begin.
My life is now complete with your unwavering grace.
Unconditional love now fills the empty space.
I felt this overwhelming peace today.
I finally found true love and it’s here to stay.

I wrote this poem as a love letter to our savior.  I want to give praise and thanks where it belongs.  I have believed and continue to believe that his spirit is touching Dave and giving him strength. Much Love, Jeana

No comments:

Post a Comment