Monday, March 21, 2011

Dave Update-March 21, 2011

Hello family and friends, just a short update on Dave.  Dave was released from the hospital in Stanford on Saturday afternoon.  He had his hard-core chemo on Friday and they kept him overnight.  He text me that morning that he was feeling surprisingly good, but unfortunately that did not last long.  Dave and my mom thought he was doing well enough to start heading home after being released.  It was not too long into the drive that Dave started to get violently sick.  It was raining hard and my mom was attempting to get home and worrying about Dave at the same time.  There was a second there that they thought they'd have to take him to the emergency room.  Thankfully they made it home without having to make an emergency stop.  Dave has been extremely sick ever since.  Burning through his body, nausea, and other extreme flu-like symptoms.  He also threw up for the first time last night after eating a bit of food. 

Dave was sleeping when I went to visit last night, which is a good thing.  His neurapathy hasn't been as bad either since the chemo.  He hasn't had to take as many pain pills.  We are not sure if it is actually getting better, or if he is in so much other pain, that concentrating on the nearapathy has lost its muster. 
Obviously, his spirits are very low and this can all seems too much to bear.  My mom is a "ROCK" though.  Talk about an amazing women.  This lady does not get enough credit for the amazing care taking she is doing.  I've learned a lot about my mom through this experience.  She is stronger than I ever gave her credit.  I'm not saying this is easy on her because it is not.  But, she stays positive for Dave and lifts him up when he is sad and tells him to "buck up" when he feels like everything is too much.  If you could see all she has to do in a day it would blow you away.  She has memorized all his medications (and there are tons!) and knows exactly which one he needs to take and when.  She has educated herself on everything so she knows exactly what to expect every step of the way.  Anyone that knows me, knows that I am a hopeless romantic, I will repeat, I am a hopeless romantic and watching my mom take care of my dad has given me a new view on what love and commitment really looks like. 

    Please feel free to email and write Dave and my mom.  I know that all your positive energy and prayers will help him get through this rough patch.  Much love, Jeana

1 comment:

  1. Our prayers are with you all. Might God give you the strength that you need. Love
    Mike, Erika and Alex

    ReplyDelete